(SOLD OUT) Steeking with the Knitting Fairy - December 11
Time & Location
About the event
Steeks - An original class by Alissa Barton, Knitting Fairy
Saturday, December 11 - 1 to 4 p.m.
Limited to 5 participants
Experience Level - Intermediate. Students should be able to knit & purl confidently.
Ever wear one of your sweaters and think "I wish I had made this a cardigan?" This class is for YOU! It does not matter if you planned ahead or decide after the fact - cutting your knitting is terrifying but Alissa has a plan to make it MUCH less scary.
We are going to knit a basic tube of fabric before class & during class we will cover different ways you can secure your stitches & cut the piece to create any shape.
SKILLS LEARNED DURING CLASS
- Hand sewn steeks
- Crochet finish steeks (crochet experience not required)
- Steek finishing techniques
MATERIALS NEEDED IN CLASS*
- 1 Tube, knitted ahead of class (details and instructions provided at sign-up; see homework below** for recommended yarn & needle)
- Sharp Sewing needles
- Crochet hook, 2 sizes smaller than your needle used in sample
- Sewing thread
- SHARP fabric scissors (I will have mine that you may use if you do not have any)
** Using worsted weight yarn & US #8, 16" circular needle. Loosely cast on 81 sts, join to work in the round. Knit until the piece measures 6". Bind off loosely at a tension that matches the size of your cast on.
NOTE – Masks are now once again required at JuJu Knits, per CDC guidelines. All guests are still required to wash their hands upon entrance to the shop. No refunds - when you commit, so do we.
(C) 2021 Alissa Barton, Knitting Fairy. This information is for the use of promoting classes taught by Alissa Barton and may not be used for any other purpose.
- Steeking - December 11$65+$1.63 Service fee$65+$1.63 Service feeSold Out